Who likes easy peasy lunch recipes? Something you can just throw in the oven for your ravenous summer vacation children? ME!
Yes, them kids very much eat us out of house and home during the summer months so I’m sharing a little easy and fun lunch meal that I threw together the other day and that was a big hit. I had all the ingredients on hand so that was a plus.
Ridiculously Easy Pizza Pocket Rolls
1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Original biscuits
4 mozzarella string cheese sticks (pulled apart half way to make 8)
1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
A handful of pepperoni (chopped)
1. Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Open the can of biscuits and separate the dough into individual biscuits (8 in total). Dust a work surface with some flower rolling out each biscuit to a roughly 5 1/2 inch round.
3. Working with one round at a time place about 1 tablespoon of the marinara sauce in the middle of the biscuit. Next add the chopped pepperoni (to taste) on top of the sauce.
4. Lastly add the cheese stick to the sauce and pepperoni layer
5. Now roll the biscuit pizza ensemble all into a roll and than pinch the edges to keep all the ingredients from falling out. Nothing fancy my friends😉.
6. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until they are golden.
Let cool for five minutes and then enjoy with your favorite drink on the side….my kids wanted lemonade.