This is a – When you don’t have any food in your house (because you just came home from a 10 day vacation) and your kids want something sweet kind of recipe.
I found this recipe from Lindsay LIFE LOVE & SUGAR . It makes the most moist and delicious cookies ever and honestly everything you have for it are things you already would have on hand in your pantry. And hey…don’t have any eggs?
Use apple sauce!
Oh and I had a nice ripe (slightly rotten banana) that was waiting for me to use after our vacation 😂
It’s a win win.
And be sure to check out Lindsay’s Blog for some more amazing sweets and treats!
Moist and Chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
1. Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until well combined.
2. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and cornstarch and mix until combined.
3. Stir in oats.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten dough a little bit, into thick discs. They will spread a little when baked.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
7. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.